How Often Are Estate Agents Video Tours Viewed?
It’s the 1st of the month, which means one thing here at iViewProperty .. time to look at our video viewing stats, to see how many times our estate agency clients’ videos have been played by house hunters, and I’m delighted to see that it’s been a record month!
Each video tour viewing represents 2 things to an estate agent:
• A potential buyer has taken the time to view one of the properties the agent is marketing
• A potential vendor has spent a few minutes being voluntarily exposed to the agents brand, increasing familiarity as well as the chances of that agent securing an instruction when the vendor is ready
So how many viewings can an estate agent expect, and will they contribute to the success of the business?
The number of times each property tour is viewed varies significantly, depending on whether it’s new to the market, the price of the property, whether it’s been shared via any social media channel etc, but some of our best performing property videos in January include:
• An ‘average’ 3 bed semi being marketed in Neston by Andrews Estates, filmed a week ago & already played 106 times
• An updated semi in Altrincham, filmed 8 months ago and viewed 102 times this month (418 overall)
• A beautifully refurbished 4 bed period home filmed 3 months ago and viewed 99 times during the month (see video below)
Sudden increases in viewings of older tours obviously tend to indicate increased interest in the property, often leading to a sale. Another reason for big viewing numbers is when a vendor ‘shares’ their video via a social network, meaning big spikes in exposure for both the property and agent amongst the vendors friends and colleagues, many of whom will live in the estate agents area and are therefore an important part of their target market.
Increasing Estate Agents Brand Exposure
As well as looking at individual property statistics, we also consider the number of times all of an estate agents videos are played. This is important as each video begins and ends with their branding, and therefore contribute towards extending their brand reach. Our best performing client in this respect during January has been Watersons Independent Estate Agents in South Manchester, who have been using video for one of their offices for a little over a year, and have recently introduced it to their 2nd office in Sale.
In total, between the traditional viewing channels like their own website & the main property portals, as well as the branded YouTube Channel we created for them, their property videos have been played 1916 times during the month. No wonder Vizzihome confirms their market share continues to increase!
Does This Exposure Lead to Increased Interest?
As Watersons have discovered, as well as growing their market share of sold properties, they are also attracting record numbers of physical property viewings. This weekend, for example, their head office alone has back to back appointments for all of their 4 viewing reps!
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.